Contact International Citizen Service
All the authorities a foreign employee or job seeker will typically need to contact are represented at International Citizen Service (ICS) in Aalborg, Aarhus, Odense and Copenhagen. In most cases, a foreign employee or jobseeker will only need to visit ICS in order to get the paperwork done and find the needed information and advice.
Help with the paperwork:
Information and advice regarding:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens, who are legally staying in Denmark, can submit an application for a residence and work permit
- EU/EEA citizens can submit an application for a registration certificate and have the registration certificate issued
- All foreign employees can submit an application for a tax card, CPR number (social security number) and health card (National health insurance card) - and ICS can also issue these cards/numbers
- Job seeking in Denmark
- Finding a job for your spouse/partner
- Student jobs for international students
- Danish language courses
- The Danish tax system
- Danish driver's license and registration of foreign vehicles
- Living and working conditions in Denmark
- Authorisation and approval of professional qualifications for regulated professions
- Study and career counselling
- Schools and day-care for children
- Local networks and social activities
Danish companies can also get help and advice with regard to recruitment and retention of foreign employees.
International Citizen Service is a nation-wide service for foreign employees/job seekers and Danish companies. Citizens not residing in one of the four host municipalities should visit their own municipal authority in order to get a CPR number and health card. International Citizen Service can refer you to the relevant authority.
The Danish Tax and Customs Administration (SKAT), the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration, Workindenmark and the municipalities will all be present at International Citizen Service. Furthermore, International Community will be present in Aarhus and in Aalborg, where the city's Welcome Centre will also participate.
The four International Citizen Service centres have the following office hours and contact information:
Find contact information, opening hours and more on ICS's website (new window).