Published 08-07-2019 - Last updated: 22-08-2019
Special opening days at SIRI for EU students before the start of the fall term 2019
Are you a student from an EU country? If that is the case SIRI in Copenhagen offers a number of special opening days in August and September. Here you will be able to submit your application for an EU residence document and in most instances receive the residence document on the same day.
These are the relevant dates:
Tuesday 27 August 2019:
- 8.30-10.30: If you are born in January
- 10.30-12.30: If you are born in February
- 13.00-15.00: If you are born in March
Thursday 29 August 2019:
- 8.30-10.30: If you are born in April
- 10.30-12.30: If you are born in May
- 13.00-15.00: If you are born in June
Tuesday 3 September 2019:
- 8.30-10.30: If you are born in July
- 10.30-12.30: If you are born in August
- 13.00-15.00: If you are born in September
Thursday 5 September 2019:
- 8.30-10.30: If you are born in October
- 10.30-12.30: If you are born in November
- 13.00-15.00: If you are born in December
In order for you to be prepared in the best possible way, we have collected a set of documents to be used when submitting the application.
The set consists of:
- A revised application form (OD1) adapted to EU students incl. a declaration of self-support (page 8 of OD1) which must be completed by the student
- Declaration of study activity to be completed by the educational institution, if the student is not yet in possession of a final letter of acceptance containing the same information
- Check list in English for the student detailing the documents which must be submitted to SIRI and the application process when appearing at SIRI etc.
- Overview of special opening days / opening hours for EU students incl. address and map.
It is very important that you have everything printed and ready when you visit SIRI on the above-mentioned opening days, as there will be no facilities for printing, making foto copies or taking photos.
The special openings days at Carl Jacobsens Vej 39 are only for EU students. It is not possible to book an appointment for EU students on the special opening days.
Please note that if you are not from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland your application must be submitted to SIRI in Njalsgade (or one of our nationwide branch offices – see addresses here). Please note that for these addresses it is mandatory to book an appointment.
If you are a student from one of the Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland), you do not need to apply for a residence document. You can instead contact the municipality of residence directly (or International House in Copenhagen) in order to register an address and receive a CPR-number etc.
EU students in Jutland (Jylland) and Funen (Fyn)
In addition, SIRI has made special arrangements with a number of educational institutions nationwide concerning the submission of applications for residence documents for EU students. You can see which institutions below.
We refer EU students to contact the educational institution to receive information regarding time and place:
Start of the term in Aarhus and Aalborg
- Business Academy Aarhus
- Aarhus University, incl. the branch in Herning
- Via University College – Aarhus, Horsens, Herning and Viborg
- Dania Randers and Dania Viborg
- Aalborg University
- Professionshøjskolen UCN
Start of the term in Odense and Aabenraa
- University of southern Denmark in Odense, Kolding and Esbjerg
- UCL University College in Odense
- Aalborg University in Esbjerg
- Business Academy Southwest in Esbjerg, Kolding and Sønderborg
- University College South Denmark
- International Business Academy IBA in Kolding
- Design School in Kolding and Sønderborg
EU students at educational institutions without a special arrangement with SIRI, must book an appointment in order to submit an application to SIRI
If you have any questions regarding your application for EU residence, including the opening hours, please contact SIRI by telephone at +45 72 14 20 04.