Travel agency and tourist arrangements
Denmark has for a number of years had special travel agency arrangements for tourists from Russia, China, Ukraine and India. The so-called ADS arrangement in China is only applicable to tourist groups. The extended travel agency arrangement in China does also include tourists travelling alone.
These arrangements make it easier for citizens of those countries to visit Denmark as tourists.
The travel agency arrangements mean that the Danish diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate) in each of these four countries is authorised to issue visas for up to 30 days to tourists form these countries.
It is a condition that
- the visit is arranged by a travel agency that has been accredited by the Danish Immigration Service and a travel agency that has been accredited by a Danish diplomatic mission in the country in question
- documentation is supplied that the trip has been purchased as a package which includes, at a minimum, transport and hotel reservations
For each application, before a visa can be issued, the travel agency must be able to supply documentation that they have an agreement with a travel agency accredited by the Immigration Service and that the package includes, at a minimum, transport and hotel reservations.
Each application for a visa is submitted by the travel agency in the country in question to the Danish diplomatic mission. However, the Danish diplomatic mission may call the applicant for a personal interview or ask for further information.
In order to be granted a visa under the travel agency arrangements, the applicant must meet the general conditions for issuing a Schengen visa. Read more about general conditions for granting a visa.
More information about travel arrangements, please contact the Danish Immigration Service.
More information about the accredited travel agencies in the countries can be obtained at the Danish embassy or a consulate in the relevant country and from the website of the embassy or consulate. Contact information can be found on the Foreign Ministry's website.
Some of these lists also contains information about travel agencies in Denmark, which is accredited travel agencies.
Accreditation of travel agencies is conducted by the Danish Immigration Service after an individual assessment and consultation with relevant organizations and authorities.
In order for a travel agency to be accredited one requirement, among others, is that the travel agency has existed for at least 2 years unless the owners of the travel agency has previous experience from the travel agency industry and/or other relevant experience from the business industry or organizations.
Tourist arrangement for travel-related companies other than travel agencies (Russia and Ukraine)
An arrangement was established expanding the existing travel agency arrangements in Russia to include travel-related companies other than travel agencies. Twenty-five hotel chains/hotels and up to five large holiday accommodation rental chains can be accredited under the programme.
On 15 February 2010, a similar accreditation programme was established for Ukrainian travel-related companies.
The Ukrainian arrangement is a pilot programme which will accredit as many as 25 hotel chains/hotels and up to five large holiday accommodation rental chains.
Accreditation of the selected chains will be conducted by the Immigration Service on the recommendation of Visit Denmark and after obtaining a statement from Horesta.
It is a condition that
- hotel chains/hotels and holiday accommodation rental chains cooperate with a Russian or Ukrainian travel agency
- the trip is arranged by the hotel chain/hotel or holiday accommodation rental chain and a Russian or Ukrainian travel agency that has been accredited by the Danish Embassy in Moscow or Kiev
- there is documentation that the trip has been purchased as a package which includes, at a minimum, transport and hotel reservations or reservation of holiday accommodation.
The terms and conditions remain otherwise the same as the travel agency arrangements.
Tourist arrangement for travel-related companies other than travel agencies (China and India)
On 20 March 2015, travel-related companies other than travel agencies in China and India will be eligible for accreditation under the travel agency arrangement.
This arrangement makes it possible to accredit hotels (either individually or as part of a chain), large holiday accommodation rental chains, large holiday centres, large holiday centre chains and the like in Denmark.
Accreditation is granted by the Immigration Service on case-by-case basis as part of a review process that will obtain information from relevant organisations and public authorities.
In order to be considered for accreditation, the following requirements must be met:
- hotel chains/hotels, holiday accommodation rental chains , holiday centres, holiday centre chains or the like in Denmark must have established a collaboration with a Chinese or Indian travel agency
- the trip must be organised by the hotel, hotel chain, holiday accommodation rental chain, holiday centre, holiday centre chain or the like in Denmark and a Chinese or Indian travel agency that has been accredited by the embassy or a consulate to take part in the arrangement
- documentation must be provided proving that the trip is a package deal that includes, at a minimum, transport and a reservation at a hotel, a holiday home, a holiday centre or the like.
All other requirements will be the same as for the travel agency arrangement.