If you apply for a residence permit as an intern within the green sector (the agricultural, veterinary, forestry or horticultural field), you must have passed a language test in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German at A2-level or higher.

The language test must be featured on the list published by Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE).

The most used language tests are:

Cambridge English Language Assessment

TOEFL (studieprøve level)


Your language test must be verifiable.

If you take the Cambridge Assessment English language test, please be aware of the following:

  • On the day you take the test you must bring your international passport to identify yourself 
  • The test center must take a photo of you in connection with the test 
  • You must submit your test result to SIRI via the Cambridge English Candidate Results Website (link opens a new window). Login using your ‘ID number’ and ‘secret number’ and click ‘Send my result’. You must send your result to the ‘Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration’. For help or more information click here (link opens a new window).