Multiple-entry and long-term visas
If you need to travel to Denmark and the other Schengen countries on a regular basis you can apply for a long-term visa that is valid for multiple entries.
Multiple-entry visas valid for a period of between 6 months and 5 years can be issued under the following conditions:
- You can document the need to visit Denmark and the other Schengen countries often and/or regularly, particularly in connection with business or a personal relationship, and
- You can prove your integrity and reliability.
You will be considered to have a need for a multiple entry visa if you are:
- A businessperson,
- A public official in regular contact with EU member states and institutions,
- A representative of a NGO travelling for educational purposes or attending seminars and conferences,
- A family member of an EU citizen,
- A family member of a non-EU citizen legally residing in an member state, or
- A seaman
You will be considered to have integrity and reliability if you can show that you have previously held and abided by the terms of a Schengen visa or visa with limited territorial validity, and there is no doubt that you intend to leave the Schengen area before the visa you are applying for expires.
The Visa Code Handbook contains examples of situations where visas can be issued for multiple entries and with longer validity. See Visa Code Handbook part II, section 8.4
If a multiple-entry visa is issued permitting stays of up to 90 days and for between 1 and 5 years, the cumulative amount of time you are permitted to remain within the Schengen area is 90 days in any 180-day period.