New Zealand citizens
In order to be granted a working holiday residence permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be a New Zealand citizen primarily residing in New Zealand, who is not in Denmark at the time of application.
- The main purpose of your stay must be holiday.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years at the time of application (both years included).
- You may not have already held a Danish residence permit under the working holiday programme.
- You may not be accompanied by children.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a return ticket or sufficient funds to buy one.
- You must have sufficient funds to pay for food and lodging during your stay in Denmark, equal to DKK 24,000.
- You must have health insurance which includes coverage for hospital stays, and which is valid during your entire stay.
You are allowed to study or take a training course for a maximum of three months without having to apply for special permission.
You are allowed to work for a maximum of six months during a 12-month stay. You may not take permanent employment. Working for longer than three months with any one employer is not allowed.
Read more about how to apply.